SEEK has been committed to raising the voices of migrant women by participating in a range of impactful events:
SEEK participated in the
UNFCCC PCCB 5th Capacity Building Hub
at COP28 🌱🌍
On December 9th 2023, SEEK took part in the Capacities For Rights-Based Climate Action Day at COP28. Alongside The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), SEEK's session 'Refugee Women, Climate Action and the Green Economy' covered a range of important issues.
In collaboration with New Women Connectors and our CoFe Tables Project, SEEK proposed the following five essential approaches to ensure feminist leadership in climate justice:
(1) Ensure equal participation of women in high-level platforms of policy-making.
(2) Promote feminist perspectives.
(3) Disseminate information to women about their rights and available resources.
(4) Remove barriers to women's participation in climate policy-making.
(5) Develop equitable funding channels for women-led organisations.
Watch the session here!
SEEK participated in the 8th European Migration Forum Brussels 📢
On December 4-5th 2023, our founder and managing director, Umbreen Salim, participated in two roundtables at the 8th EU Migration Forum:
(1) What is needed for more sustainable labour market integration?
(2) How can we change the narrative on migration in the age of polarisation and disinformation?
This forum looked at specific needs, skills and communication for stronger inclusion of migrants in Europe today.